Simone Lavelle has a strong pensions industry background having worked with some of its leading players in her career. Simone joined Avida in 2014 where she is involved in projects for organisational change and client retention programmes. Prior to Avida she was Director at Law Debenture in the UK, where she co-managed the Independent Trustees Team as well as acting as an Independent Trustee. Prior to that she was COO/CFO at Cardano UK, responsible for shaping the financial, operational and support functions as well as risk governance. Simone started her career at ING, progressing to Rabobank International where she was Executive Director and Head of Risk Control.
Simone has an MSc in Business Administration, completed with executive education programmes at London Business School in Investment Management and Corporate Finance. At her time at Rabobank she participated in the Global Leadership Programme for High Performers. She is also a member of the PLSA (Pensions and Lifetimes Savings Association) and GARP (Global Association of Risk Professionals).
Tel: +44 203 637 5759
Simone’s War Story
Between 2007 and 2010, I worked as one of the founding members of Cardano UK, a fiduciary manager for pension funds. Acting as part of the four strong senior management team (CFO/COO), I helped build a client base of nine pension funds with a total asset base of £13bn (of which £4bn asset under management) and 38 employees. Throughout the experience, I learnt a lot about good governance and the effective management of operations:
- I designed and created the optimal organizational structures for Finance, Operations, Compliance, HR, Legal, IT and Business Continuity Planning departments.
- I managed key stakeholder relations with Shareholders and the Regulators FSA and AFM.
- As CFO for the UK and Netherlands and part of the investment committee, I was responsible for the budget, business plans, accounting, capital requirements, liquidity management.
- Operationally, I built a team to execute the implementation of investments in all asset classes, derivative execution, transition management, fund subscription, operational and legal due diligence.
- In IT, I implemented a performance and workflow management system.
- I established a risk control function and set the Risk Policy.